On this page, I share the most useful websites and my favourite tools that I regularly consult myself to plan and book my trips to Sweden.
By booking or ordering through one of the links on this website, you support Take me to Sweden. I receive a small commission with every purchase or booking, without any extra cost to you. This enables me to maintain this website and continue providing you with the best travel tips for Sweden for free. Thank you so much for your support!
Whether you choose to go on a city trip, a road trip, or an adventurous vacation, good preparation and planning ensure an unforgettable journey. I created this page to help you find the best information, tips, and offers for your next trip to Sweden. Looking for inspiration, practical advice or great deals? You’ll find everything you need to make your travel dreams come true.
Be inspired by my tips and tricks and start planning your trip to Sweden today. The countdown can begin! Here you will find all the useful information to plan and book your trip to Sweden smoothly.
Travelling to Sweden
Find the best flights
- Momondo is my favourite tool to search for the best flights.
Buy train tickets
- Trains in Sweden: sj.se
- Travelling by train to Sweden: I use this service to have an overview of all international trains + ease of booking.
Travel by long distance bus
- Flixbus offers long distance bus transport to and in Sweden.
Read more about renting a car in Sweden. Here are some companies where you can rent a car in Sweden:
- Rent Cars
Book your ferry
Accommodation in Sweden
Tours, attracties en activiteiten
- Go City All Inclusive Pass, the new Stockholm Card, also available for Gothenburg
- Get your guide: buy your tickets in advance and skip the line!
- BajaBikes: bike rental and guided tours
What to pack
- Water bottle – since tap water is extremely safe in Sweden, I never travel without my Dopper water bottle. I like the insulated ones: they keep my drinks cool in summer and hot in winter.
- Power bank – I always carry a power bank. My mobile phone is everything: navigator, camera, travel guide,… I simply don’t want to end up with a dead battery.
- I love the products of Helinox. Light but sturdy. Not cheap but worth every penny.
- What to pack when camping in summer: Djungelolja. It’s the local mosquito repellent and really the best there is!
Helpful packing lists
Packing list for Sweden (coming soon)